Notes from Yanni's world without borders live concert
We had a chance to witness the legendary pianist, Yanni live in Riverside Theater in Milwaukee in September. Here are some notes from the concert that we found interesting:
1. One of Yanni’s compositions is named after his late mother, Felitsa.
2. His composition named Nightingale had one of the female singers singing like a Nightingale, literally and figuratively.
3. According to Yanni, his orchestra team is like mini United Nations as every person in the team is from a different country.
4. One of his compositions, Nostalgia sounded somewhat similar to Darbari Kaanada raga in Indian Classical Music.
5. Yanni talked about the over usage of the word, ‘love’ in English. ‘I love coffee’ and ‘I love that dress’ sounds like ‘I love you’, even though the depth of the meaning associated with these statements are different. Because of this, the word ‘love’ loses its value. For the same reason, in Greek language there are 12 different words for love. Interesting, isn’t it?
6. Most of Yanni’s compositions are based on positive emotions.
Here’s a glimpse of the awesomeness we experienced in Milwaukee.
Thanks for reading. If you enjoyed this post, please share it by clicking the 'Share' button below. You can also, subscribe to our blog updates by entering your email address in the box shown.