Basic skill set for musicians to thrive
In the pre-internet era, all musicians had to know and develop was the skill to play his or her instrument or sing. However, times have changed and here are some of the basic skill set that musicians need to know, in addition to their preliminary craft, to keep the overhead low.
1. Camera & video editing - Basic iPhone filmography skills along with editing.
2. Photography & Editing - Basic iPhone photography skills along with editing.
3. Graphic design - A few open-source tools here.
4. Web design & development - Simple web services available for free and at reasonable costs.
5. Blogging/writing skills - A must-have skill set especially, if you want to improve your SEO ranking and discover new audience.
6. Content marketing - Know how, when and where to market your content such as audio, music, text, and podcasts.
7. SEO and Google Analytics - Track your audience behavior for you to take necessary action. You can also, get certified online.
8. Music recording, editing, mixing, and mastering - Start with GarageBand and then progress to Logic Pro.
The above tips are based on the assumption that you have an Apple ecosystem in place. We highly recommend Apple's computers for all creativepreneurs and artists.
Sign up to our weekly blog updates/newsletter by entering your email address below: